Introducing the Virtual Possum Night Run!
Hey everyone! As you know we were unable to run the Possum Night run this year due to the effects of COVID – 19. We know that lots of you had already started training (or made the most of a little more exercise time in lockdown) so we wanted to offer something so that you can still get out, stay active and have some fun. The event will run “Possum” week 15 – 21 June and entries will open 7pm Wednesday 20th May via the website.
So chorale your family and friends and start planning your Virtual Possum Night adventure! As always we are on the lookout for the best and brightest so get your costume ready, plan your route and get set to light up the night!
Following is info on entry fees, how the event works and other important info.
How it works
Entries open 7pm Wed 20 May.
When you have completed your entry you will be sent a confirmation email including a reminder of how the event works.
You then complete your 5km, 12km or 21km night-time run or walk at the venue of your choice between Monday 15 June to Sunday 21 June. Our main advice is that your safety is 100% your responsibility so please take care on the trails or roads you choose. Please be aware of the full event terms and conditions when you enter.
Once you have completed your night-time run or walk, simply follow the instructions sent in your confirmation email for how to upload your results. We don’t need any evidence but you can also upload a screenshot of a Strava, or other GPS tracker if you want to. If you want to share a cool photo with us you can also upload that to your results. Recording your time is totally optional.
Then on Monday 22 June, we will display the results on our website and award random spot prizes including some cool running socks from Steigen, Camelbak Forge Coffee cups (all day hot), Glow in the dark Possum T shirts, free entries to the 2021 Possum and one lucky duo or family will win a fantastic night’s stay at the Wairakei Resort. (The home of the Possum).
We will also run some Facebook prizes throughout the week, so make sure you ‘like’ our page to stay up to date. As always there will be a prize for the best and brightest dressed so get your outfits ready!
One in ten people will win a prize valued at between $20 and $50.
You will be able to print an online certificate to prove that you got out there doing your thing at night. If you record your time, then the certificate will display that too.
If at any stage, you want to change your distance then you can do so online at any time by going into your entry via the link on your email confirmation.
- I have read and understand the information regarding this event and understand that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk. Because this is a virtual event then my safety is 100% my responsibility.
- I acknowledge and accept that running on or off road carries an inherent risk of injury, illness and in extreme cases, death.
- By entering this event, I hereby waive, release and discharge Element Events, its Director/s, staff, contractors, volunteers, sponsors, land owners, land managers and any other individual or group associated with this event (individually or collectively referred to as the ‘indemnified parties’), from any liability and claims that arise from losses, injuries and or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) that I may suffer from my preparation for and/or participation in this event. Further, I hereby indemnify and hold harmless the above described ‘indemnified parties’ from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, fines and other financial impositions however arising (including from negligence). This waiver, release, discharge and indemnity is provided for me, my executors, administrators and assigns.
- I confirm, where this entry is completed on behalf of me and/or others, that these others have been made aware of the above statement and that each of them confirm the waiver, release, discharge and indemnity set out therein, including on behalf of their executors, administrators and assigns.
- I agree that as the Virtual Possum relies on a high level of trust, Element Events NZ Ltd is in no position or under any obligation to verify or prove the accuracy of information provided by entrants including event distances and times completed.
- If I am taking part in the virtual Possum on my own in a wilderness environment, I will inform another person who will check to make sure I complete my run / walk and make it home safely.
- I agree that there are no refunds of entry fees or transfers to other people at any time. This includes if the Element Events decide to cancel the event for any reason or if the event participants wish to withdraw from the event. This Policy is not negotiable. However if the event does need to be cancelled for reasons outside of the control of the Element Events, then Element Events, (without obligation to do so), will attempt to provide some form of refund or credit towards a future event run by Element Events.
- I will be drug and alcohol free for this event.
- I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
- I understand that competing in this event may involve running and walking on wilderness trails with rocks, roots, stream crossings, and up and down steep terrain. The hazards may include but are not limited to; challenging terrain, rocks, roots, streams, geothermal activity, motor vehicle traffic, slippery surfaces, loose rocks, soft sand, weather conditions, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, actions of spectators, other competitors and the general public.
- I will complete the entire course under my own power.
- I will not light any fires.
- I will be respectful of other trail users such as recreational walkers and mountain bikers.
- I will not litter.
- I hereby allow the use of my name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes.
- I also understand that my contact details will be added to the Element Events NZ database, and that I will receive emails directly from Element Events NZ. I understand that Element Events will not distribute this database for any reason and that I can unsubscribe from this database at any time.