The Possum is back….mark it in your calendars now Saturday 22nd June 2019!
Join us on the shortest day and the darkest night.
Run or walk 5km, 11km or 21km through steaming fields on single track.
Then relax and soak in the hottest pools
Yes The Possum welcomes both trail runners and walkers. It’s your race at your pace.
Experience the Wairakei Resort – Craters Mountain Bike Park – Craters of the Moon Geothermal Walkway
If you are looking for fun, adventure and personal challenge, plus a way to stay fit in the winter months then the Possum is for you.
Running or walking at night is just awesome and the trails we have lined up for you are super fun. The Craters of the Moon geothermal walkway is a real treat where you get to run or walk through a geothermal wonderland. There will be steam from the ground and probably steam from your body as you take on the ups and downs, gulleys, ridges and bridges.
Reflective course markings will light the path to follow and Marshals at key locations will keep you on course and provide lots of encouragement.
After the big night out, grab some dinner from the menu offered by the Wairakei Resort and soak in a geothermal hot pool to warm up and relax.
Cool features of the Possum
- Nearly the shortest day of the year, just 4 days off, that is pretty close.
- Take on the Craters of the moon geothermal trail and run through steaming geothermal grounds – not normally open at night.
- Light up the night with your headlamp and all the other headlamps – make the worlds longest glow worm
- Navigate the 2 tunnels – enter if you dare.
- Enjoy a Hot pool soak at the finish at one of the two geothermal pools at the Wairakei Resort (normally reserved for guests)
- The course will not be announced until the day prior to the event
DATE Saturday 22 June 2019 and annually thereafter.
VENUE Wairakei Resort, 640 Wairakei Road, Taupo 3379
START / FINISH Wairakei Resort.